Why Reclaimed Wood?
The top 8 reasons to choose reclaimed wood for your flooring, wall cladding, siding, tables and more:
- It's sexy in a distinguished-gentleman sort of way. Every grey weathered board and deep wrinkle of surface checking on re-milled pieces was earned over many decades.
- It's a better choice for the planet than most new-wood alternatives. What better way to preserve the earth for your grandchildren than investing in wood that was around during the time of your grandfather? Talk about a legacy.
- Like distressed denim, it only get's better over time. No need to freak out over the first scratch - chances are you won't notice it for a while, and it's adding to the rich and warm character.
- We're pretty sure that the Dos Equis guy would deem it interesting.
- If it could speak, it'd have a helluva story to tell - (possibly in an accent or exotic language) which makes it a conversation piece as you share it's past life in your present domestic adventures.
- It's seasoned. Not in the cinnamon or smoke kind of way (although that could be the case, too!) Like fine wine, wood needs time to mature and take on its rich, full-bodied depth of color and tone. Reclaimed wood is already there.
- It's been handled with love and care. Likely harvested with primitive tools one hundred years ago, and fit together with skilled craftsmanship. Fast forward to modern times and it was carefully removed from a structure through deconstruction, metal taken out, and ends trimmed to be at it's best before being milled for your project.
- It speaks to your soul, joining it's legacy with yours and continuing the story.
In a world full of claims based on nothing, don't just claim. Reclaim.